Case IH upgrades its Austoft® 8000 Series with two new models
The new Austoft models combine the best of its predecessors and the most advanced solutions to the sugarcane harvesting sector to create a machine that offers easier operation, improved harvest quality and increased productivity.
The Austoft 8010 and 8810 sugarcane harvesters, with a raft of new features and improvements, were introduced in Australia earlier this year after 18,000 hours of testing on the field. The two models are now available worldwide.
Other features and improvements include:
- Optional ‘Auto Float’ function (crop divider height control): This function automates the control of both crop divider lift cylinders, keeping the toe in contact with the soil at all times, while also preventing ‘ploughing’. It can stop inexperienced operators from accidentally lowering the crop dividers too deep, while letting experienced operators focus more attention on other harvesting functions. Activation has been integrated into the Auto Tracker control, so no additional operator actions are needed to use the system.
- Larger diesel fuel tank: The tank has 29 per cent more capacity and an adjusted position within the machine to increase the number of hours in the field, reduce maintenance costs and improve serviceability.
- Three operational video cameras: These are now standard, positioned on the sides and lower part of the machine and able to be easily monitored on the AFS® Pro700, with adjustable screens that provide easy interaction and switching of views.
- Improved engine protection software: This software improvement is designed to reduce the risk of engine damage due to a high cooling system temperature, and these events are now recorded to help identify issues with improper operation or inadequate maintenance.
- The Austoft 4000 Series: specifically designed for small to medium landholdings or big plantations with reduced row spacing. This harvester is a superb option for sugarcane fields with reduced spacings of 1.0 and 1.1 meters, and for those cane growers who need or wish to start harvesting mechanically, or for big plantation areas where the Austoft 4000 can harvest short rows or low productivity soils.
- The Austoft 8000 Series: capable of harvesting up to 100 tonnes per hour. Its output, and the cleanness of the sugarcane billets delivered to the mill, enable the exceptionally efficient production of high quality sugar. The high performance and reduced cane loss are due to a combination of factors: a powerful yet efficient engine, industry-leading cutter, chopper and extractor design, and operator-friendly features that make driving easier and more precise.
To complement its product offerings, Case IH also offers extensive training for operators and customers, plus unrivalled technical support and after-sales service. For bigger agricultural businesses Case IH expert advisers also help formulate mechanisation plans tailored to their individual needs, taking into account variations in climate, soil type and terrain.
Francesca MazzaBrands Press Relations, APAC and South East AsiaUnited Kingdomfrancesca.email@example.com+44 7841 568487