IVECO as member of BioLNG Euronet Consortium supports the development of LNG as road transport fuel across Europe
About the project:
- The BioLNG Euronet project is bringing together major players in the European market: and IVECO, Shell, DISA, Nordsol and Scania. These project partners aim to help the European Union meet its goal of a 60% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2030, by triggering long-term decarbonization of heavy duty road transport across mainland Europe.
- The bioLNG facility to be constructed in the Netherlands will transform biogas from organic waste to biologically derived LNG (BioLNG). The use of smart and innovative, patented technologies combined with the financial backing and satabilised BioLNG offtake make the Nordsol proposition unique. This allows Nordsol to build and operate its own BioLNG facilities together with biogas production partners grounded by a solid business framework.
- The 2,000 new LNG HGV’s will be leased to end users through competitive financing and trucking solutions to reduce the cost of them. Only the additional costs of an LNG HGV compared to a diesel truck will be financed. The average eligible costs for each LNG HGV are capped to a maximum of €30,000.
- The energy density of BioLNG means that trucks can travel longer distances, better suiting the needs of transport operators now, and in the future. Due to the use of industrial organic waste as a resource, the CO2 emissions will be much lower than the CO2 emissions of traditional fuels. BioLNG is essential in achieving the long-term aim of further decarbonisation for the road transport sector in Europe by 2030. BioLNG virtually eliminates sulphur and offers a reduction in NOx and particulate matter.
- Each BioLNG EuroNet consortium member will receive 20% funding from the EU towards the cost of their commitments.
- The EU funding received by the BioLNG EuroNet consortium members falls under the connecting Europe facility (CEF) for the transport sector.
- Directive 2014/94/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2014 on the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure defines a common framework of measures for the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure in the European Union and to mitigate the environmental impact of transport. It sets out minimum requirements for the building-up of alternative fuels infrastructure, including LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
- For more information about BioLNG EuroNet please visit the consortium website: https://biolngeuronet.eu/
MORE FROM IVECO
IVECO launches new IVECO S-WAY: the 100% connected, driver-centric long-haul truck
IVECO S-WAY: a new cab designed around the driver to provide superior driving comfort and quality of life on board
Entirely redesigned IVECO S-WAY cab combines dynamic style with productivity-boosting, TCO-saving design
Sara BuosiEurope IVECO Press OfficeItalysara.firstname.lastname@example.org+39 011 00 72965+39 335 799 5028