New Case IH Axial-Flow® 240 Series Combines Offer Powerful, Efficient, All-day Harvesting
- Larger grain tank: The 8240 and 9240 combines feature the largest grain tank capacity in the industry at 410 bushels. The larger grain tanks, together with unload rates of up to 4½ bushel per second, allow operators to open up fields easily and unload quickly. The larger grain tanks on the 8240 and 9240 units are matched with higher load rated tires to accommodate the added weight.
- Increased fuel economy and capacity: With a fine-tuned combustion process the new models feature a substantial improvement in fuel efficiency. Increased fuel tank capacity on all 240 series combines allow for a full day’s harvest without refilling. A newly designed engine cooling system and vacuum aspirated rotating wand on the stationary air screen, ensure proper cooling for optimum engine efficiency and performance, even while harvesting in high-debris areas.
- More power: The engines are tuned for maximum horsepower without compromising efficiency for emissions. The new combines also provide very high levels of power rise, which ensure producers can unload on the go without slowing down.
- Ease of operation: To provide the best fuel efficiency while maintaining ease of operation and reliability, Power Plus™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) drives are designed to provide efficient transfer of power to the rotor and the feeder. With the power level of today’s combines and up to 75 horsepower of power rise and boost the CVT drives can handle the demands of today’s producers. The CVT drive allows the operator to reverse the rotor, for quick and simple de-slug of the machine, as well as CVT control of the feeder with our patented header to feeder ground speed control.
- Additional options: New 2015 combines are pre-wired for a new camera kit that can be installed either in the factory or after purchase. Other options include 30-inch tracks for specialty crop harvesting and a ladder extension for easy cab entry.
Sy StevensCase IH Brand Marketing Communications ManagerUnited StatesSy.email@example.com 636 0850