4 Models, 1,000 rpm:The Case IH FHX300 pull-type forage harvester swiftly harvests crops. The 1,000-rpm driveline, heavy-duty components and wide crop heads harness big-tractor horsepower and turn it into high-capacity harvesting performance.
Convert Crop Into High-quality Feed
The FHX300 has a wide, 25.5 in (647.7 mm) throat opening to swallow even the heaviest crops. The feedrolls move material smoothly and evenly into the cutterhead. Rugged, 21 in (533 mm)-diameter cutterhead
- 12 hardened-alloy knives chop evenly and efficiently
- Knives span the full width of the cutterhead
- Provides uniform length of cut, converting crop into high-quality feed
Powerful Blower Moves Quickly
A powerful 1,000-rpm blower moves crops quickly to fill wagons and trucks fast. Works efficiently regardless of whether you’re working in wet, heavy hay or an easy-to-blow crop like corn.
Remote Control the Spout
Electronic remote controls allow you to rotate the spout 90 degrees. The spout is easily repositioned to fill towed forage wagons or trucks to the left. From your tractor seat, you control:
- FHX300 feedroll direction either forward or reverse
- Basic pick up functions
- The standard hydraulic tongue swing from road to field position
Cut Lengths from 3/16 in to 1 5/16 in
The FHX300 allows for precise cut-length adjustment . Control length of cut by:
- Changing feedroll speed
- Adding or removing knives
- Using one of five optional recutter screens
Achieve a cut length from 3/16 in to 7/16 in (5 mm to 11.1 mm) with all 12 knives. With only four knives selected, achieve a cut length as long as 1 5/16 in (33.3 mm).
Stop Feedrolls Before Metal Can Damage the Cutterhead
How it works:
Detector stops feedrolls within a fraction of a second — before metal can damage the cutterhead.
- The sensor and electromagnet in the front lower feedroll emits a constant magnetic field between the two stainless-steel lower feedrolls.
- A light and horn alert you when metal is detected, and a signal is sent to the solenoid to stop the feedrolls.
- Power is shut off to an electric clutch on the reversing gearbox that shifts to neutral and stops the power to the feedroll drive.
- The feedroll control switch allows you to back the material out of the feedrolls.
- After metal is removed, the detector resets automatically.
Maximize Feed Quality
The processor maximizes feed quality in corn silage, saving time and cost by chopping and processing in one operation. By removing the material baffle and the processor drive belt, you can chop haylage.
Crop coming from the cutterhead is propelled between two 8 in (203-mm)-diameter fluted rolls. The top roll turns 15 percent faster than the bottom roll , providing the scuffing action necessary to crack kernels and break cob pieces . This results in:
- Better fermentation
- More effective fiber in the ration
- Feed that’s easier for livestock to digest
Heavy-duty Gauge Wheels and a Floating Auger
Built compact for easy maneuvering in hilly terrain and smaller fields:
- Ground-hugging HDX10P/HDX20P windrow pickups gather the entire crop.
- Heavy-duty gauge wheels handle rough ground
- Wheels help the pickup rise over swells and into dips without gouging
- Open end pulls in wide windblown windrows
- Two models available
- 76.5 in or 92 in (1.94 mm or 2.34 mm) models, tine to tine
- Closely spaced pickup tines flex to gather the entire windrow
- Floating auger handles heavy crop conditions
- Retractable finger feed auger feeds crop smoothly
- Auger reverses with feedrolls to easily clear plugs in case of overload
The HDX3R Grabs Every Stalk
- Points float over ground contours
- Skid shoes are adjustable to eliminate bulldozing
- Gathers cornstalks planted on 28 to 32 in (711 to 813 mm) row spacing
- Gathering chains reach forward to grasp cornstalks and feed smoothly into feedrolls
- Cutting discs shear corn close to the ground
- Discs are spring loaded
- Allows discs to move out of the way when an obstacle is encountered
- Right- and left-hand power dividers ensure heavy crop flows into feedrolls
- FHX300: The new Case IH FHX300 pull-type forage harvester delivers a uniform cut that yields high-quality feed and makes blowing, storage and feeding easier.
- HDX3R: Grabs every stalk grown even in lodged crop conditions.
- HDX10P: Heavy-duty gauge wheels handle rough ground while ground-hugging HDX10P windrow pickups (76 in) gather the entire crop.
- HDX20P: Heavy-duty gauge wheels handle rough ground while ground-hugging HDX20P windrow pickups (92 in) gather the entire crop.