IVECO invited body builders from across Turkey to present the latest vehicles in its product range and share with them the new organisation created to facilitate body builder activities in Africa and the Middle East
IVECO Turkey gathered body builders from across Turkey at a Convention that took place in Istanbul on 11th July. The event, which follows IVECO’s biannual body builder event held last November, aimed to discuss with the participants new business opportunities in African and Middle Eastern markets.
The convention was attended by more than one hundred body builders. Around 70% of the participants specialize in the light and medium segments, manufacturing body types ranging from box body to more complex super structures such as road sweeping and waste disposal. The other 30% specialize in the heavy segment with applications such as mixers, tippers, trailers.
In his opening speech, IVECO Turkey Marketing Director Tansu Giz stated: “We organized this event with the aim of offering body builders new opportunities abroad, since the Turkish market has contracted for two consecutive years in 2018 and 2019. Your presence here today is testament to your commitment to strengthening your collaboration with IVECO.” During the meeting, he also spoke about the improvement in IVECO Turkey’s performance on the market: the company has reached the third position in the ranking for the 3.5 tonne segment, and has outperformed the market on a year-to-date basis.
Africa, Middle East and Asia (AMEA) Medium and Heavy segment Product Manager Fabio Bonifacino, Africa and Middle East (AME) Medium-Heavy Line & CKD manager Fabio Pellegrinelli, AME Key Account, Direct Sales and Tenders Manager Andrea Scollo, and AME Body Builder Relations Manager Giuseppe Cariello explained the new organizational structure for the Africa, Middle East region, and presented the products available in these markets. At the end of the session the body builders had the opportunity to ask questions and provide their feedback.
IVECO Turkey also presented the updated website dedicated to body builders, which provides IVECO’s technical drawings and guidelines for fitting bodies to each model and version in its vehicle offering.
The meeting ended with a guided walkaround of the complete range displayed in the auditorium: the Daily, Eurocargo, Stralis X-Way and Trakker. IVECO offers a complete range of light, medium and heavy vehicles, with the latest models being launched simultaneously on the Turkish and European markets. The offering is the result of IVECO’s focus on its core values of Sustainability, Total Cost of Ownership, Technology and Business Partnership with its customers.
İstanbul, July 11, 2019