New Optum CVT Picks up Prestigious "Machine of the Year" Award
Expected to arrive on our shores in time for the National Fieldays in June, the accolade has further added to the building anticipation, and Case IH New Zealand expects it to become a perfect fit within their already impressive high horsepower tractor offering.
Instantly recognisable by its dynamic modern styling that announces the look of Case IH tractors for the future, the Optum CVT creates its own category by combining the versatility and manoeuvrability of a Puma with the power of a Magnum.
Manufactured in St Valentin, Austria, the Optum CVT range consists of two models with the proven 6.7 litre NEF engines from FPT Industrial, with 270 or 300 horsepower at a rated speed of 2,100rpm and a maximum power of 313 horsepower at 1,800rpm. The single eVGT turbocharger helps produce a maximum 1282Nm of torque at a low 1400RPM.
This economical and powerful engine conforms to the latest Tier 4B /EURO 6 exhaust emission standards using the patented Hi-eSCR system.
The efficient and reliable CVT transmission is carried over from the LWB Puma range - reinforced to handle the extra power of the Optum CVT, with a strengthened casting, new rear axle and double planetary final drives. The CVT transmission has a useable speed range from 20m/hr to a top speed of 53km/hr, without needing to change any gears. The transmission also has the active stop feature like the rest of the CVT range.
A design change where the engine sump serves as the backbone of the tractor, removing stress from the engine block, means the Optum CVT is capable of a maximum gross vehicle weight of 16,000kg. “This additional weight helps ensure the additional power gets to the ground, but we’ve achieved this without compromising agility” explained James Perry, Southern Region Sales Manager for Case IH New Zealand.
Other notable features on the Optum CVT include:
- New reactive steering – makes for comfortable driving at speed as the steering wheel returns to the straight ahead position
- ABS/ABS advanced and automatic park lock
- 4-speed rear PTO, 2-speed front PTO
- Closed Centre Load Sensing Hydraulic System - 220 litres/min hydraulic flow with separate steering and transmission systems
- 630 litres diesel tank and 96 litres AdBlue tank
- Rear linkage with 11,058kg maximum lifting power at ball ends
- Front linkage with 5,821kg maximum lifting power at ball ends – perfect for triple mowers
- ISOBUS Class II/III
- Headland Management Control (HMC II) and remote file transfer function
- Longest service intervals in the power sector
PALMERSTON NORTH – (4th March 2016)
Francesca MazzaBrands Press Relations, APAC and South East AsiaUnited Kingdomfrancesca.email@example.com+44 7841 568487