IVECO’s commitment to clean air and green logistics secures two major UK awards
- GreenFleet Magazine names IVECO Large Goods Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year
- AirQualityNews.com presents IVECO with its Leader in Low Emissions Vehicle Award at the National Air Quality Awards
- Both awards followed news that IVECO had won International Van of the Year 2018 with the new Daily Blue Power range
Judges for the GreenFleet Awards, which celebrate the achievements of the low carbon fleet sector, voted IVECO as Large Goods Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year for the second year running. Similarly, the judging panel at this year’s National Air Quality Awards presented IVECO with its Leader in Low Emissions Vehicle Award. They were announced on Thursday 23 November 2017 at separate award ceremonies.
Commenting on the back-to-back win, Angela Pisanu, Editor of GreenFleet Magazine, said “With more and more cities identifying air quality issues and implementing Clean Air Zones, pressure is being placed on truck manufacturers to produce a range of alternatively fuelled trucks, designed to assist in long-haul, city and urban journeys. IVECO is already thinking way ahead and are now producing CNG, LNG and electric powered vehicles to suit most scenarios, which is why they are worthy winners of the 2017 GreenFleet LGV Manufacturer of the Year Award.”
Will Date, Editor of AirQualityNews.com, commented: “Congratulations to IVECO on receiving the award for Leader in Low Emissions Vehicles. The judges felt IVECO’s gas-powered engines are really helping to lead the way in cutting particulate emissions and NOx. Reducing vehicle emissions is an important component in improving air quality both now and will be even more so in the future.”
The two awards followed just hours after the IVECO Daily Blue Power range was named International Van of the Year 2018, completing a hat-trick of major awards for IVECO within the same week, and reinforcing its position as true sustainability champions.
Celebrating the victories, Pierre Lahutte, IVECO Brand President, says: “These awards recognise our market and technology leadership in gas vehicles, plus our strategy to help customers become more sustainable, which benefits the environment and their bottom line. Governments, fleets and communities are demanding better air quality and lower CO2 emissions, and we’re in the enviable position as a manufacturer of having a proven, cost-effective and immediate solution available through our extensive Natural Power range.”
The presentation of the awards follow just weeks after the international launch of the new Stralis NP 460 hp gas-powered heavy truck, which offers an increase in power versus it’s 400 hp stable mate, to ensure a solution for even the most demanding long-haul missions. This new IVECO Cursor 13 engine is capable of delivering up to 2,000 Nm of torque, matched with a 12-speed Hi-Tronix automated transmission for excellent driving comfort and performance.
Packed full of IVECO fuel-saving technologies, the Stralis NP delivers as much as a 15% improvement in fuel economy and up to 9% lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) versus an equivalent diesel vehicle. Stralis NP can be configured to run on CNG, combined CNG and LNG, or LNG – with twin LNG tanks offering a range of up to 1,600 km.
The awards also follow October’s international launch of the Daily Blue Power light commercial vehicle (LCV) range – which stands out in the market for offering customers freedom of choice between three different technologies to match the specific requirements of their mission and business. This includes:
- Daily Electric: the zero-emissions vehicle for operation in cities with the strictest traffic restrictions.
- Daily Euro 6 RDE 2020 Ready: the first LCV ready for 2020 Real Driving Emissions regulations, as verified by the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). IVECO has achieved this standard three years ahead of the EU’s RDE regulation which will be mandatory for vans – putting IVECO far ahead of any competitor.
- Daily Hi-Matic Natural Power: the first CNG-powered vehicle with an 8-speed automatic gearbox in the LCV industry – the perfect combination of low emission fuel and driveability for urban areas.
Sara BuosiEMEA IVECO Press OfficeItalysara.firstname.lastname@example.org+39 011 00 72965+39 335 799 5028