Solutrans 2017: Energy transition takes centre stage on the IVECO stand
In addition to the vehicles on display in partnership with the company's bodybuilders, IVECO will be highlighting its position as the unrivalled leader in the field of energy transition - more than 50% of the models exhibited on the stand will be alternative traction vehicles (CNG, LNG, electric). A choice of alternative energies for sustainable transport including:
- A stand dedicated to sustainable development and alternative traction technologies
- The New Stralis NP 460, equipped with the Cursor 13 engine: Pure Power
- The Stralis X-WAY, for a new approach to construction site applications, including an exclusive natural gas version
- The new Daily Blue Power range, which introduces three environmentally-friendly solutions for unlimited urban deliveries
- The Eurocargo, the truck the city likes, with an exclusive new version featuring full air suspension
- 5 new Daily vehicles
- 1 Eurocargo
- The new Stralis XP and NP
- The IVECO Z TRUCK (concept vehicle)
- Various CNG engines
- A SORTIMO mobile workshop built within a Daily Blue Power van
- A JPM aluminium tipper with storage compartment on a Daily Blue Power chassis
- An EQUIPMEN recovery vehicle built on a Daily chassis
- A CIFA electric mixer on Stralis X-WAY Natural Power chassis
- A LIEBHERR mixer on a Stralis X-WAY chassis
- A DALBY skip loader on a Stralis X-WAY chassis
- MyBestRoute, which allows operators to choose the best route
- MyInspection, which digitises the vehicle inspection process
- MyTraining, which offers digital training to drivers, tailored to the Stralis NP 460
Other vehicles will also be available for viewing on an outdoor test track, for those who want a first-hand experience:
- the Stralis X-WAY, Stralis XP and Stralis NP
- the Daily Natural Power, Daily All Blacks, Daily lowered chassis and the Daily Hi-Matic
- the Eurocargo NP
DAILY BLUE POWER: FOR UNLIMITED DELIVERIES IN URBAN AREAS
IVECO confirms its commitment to energy transition, as the brand dedicates a space for the international show debut of the all-new Daily Blue Power. Ideal for missions in urban areas and suburbs, the Daily Blue Power can access city centres at any time of day or night, releasing transport operators from constraints imposed by environmental regulations. The Daily Blue Power is unique, and offers real freedom of choice, with three different technologies that can respond to every need:
- The Daily Hi-Matic Natural Power
- The Daily Euro 6 RDE
- The Daily Electric
The introduction of full air suspension on the Eurocargo enables significant reductions in noise levels and vibrations for absolute driving comfort. This technology also offers unparalleled operational versatility, as the vehicle can now be positioned anywhere in a loading area, regardless of different loading and unloading heights. Regarding safety, the Eurocargo now features uniform chassis height, whatever the load conditions. There is no longer any difference between the front and rear axle, enabling safe operation for both the driver and those working outside the vehicle.
This version is available without any specific adaptations, and is specially designed for delivery missions, with 4 air suspension systems that can support a total weight of 7,500 kg, 400 kg more than the standard authorised payload. The 930 mm chassis height can be lowered by 80 mm or raised by 120 mm. Available in 18 and 19 tonne versions, with 250, 280 or 320 horsepower engines, the Eurocargo Full Air Suspension is set to further enrich the range, meeting the specific needs of delivery operators, who are regularly affected by issues relating to weight and variable loading heights.
Produced in the IVECO factory in Brescia, Italy (a silver medal-winning plant under the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) programme), the Eurocargo is the perfect partner for urban missions. As the undisputed European market leader, the Eurocargo takes care of both people and the environment, enabling reductions in fuel consumption and boasting excellent manoeuvrability and operational versatility.
STRALIS NP CURSOR 13 AND X-WAY IN THE SPOTLIGHT
IVECO is also celebrating two unmissable new introductions to the heavy-duty vehicle segment, the Stralis NP Cursor 13 and Stralis X-WAY.
Faced with the growing demand for LNG vehicles in Europe – identified by the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) as being the best long-distance road transport solution for the short term and for the next 10 to 15 years – IVECO returns to the spotlight with a new version of its Stralis Natural Power, equipped with the new IVECO CURSOR 13 engine.
Equipped with two tanks for superb range, recently proven to exceed 1,500 km, making it the most environmentally-friendly long-haul vehicle ever produced. It now comes equipped with a new-generation engine. The IVECO Cursor 13 engine, produced at the FPT Industrial plant in Bourbon-Lancy (71), now boasts 460 hp and a torque of 2,000 Nm.
Thanks to the use of natural gas from fossil sources, the CO2 emissions of the Stralis NP are up to 10% lower than its diesel equivalent. Emissions can be further reduced by up to 95% by using biomethane, a fuel derived from waste-to-energy conversion. Levels of particulate matter are negligible and NOx emissions are halved on long-haul journeys compared to those seen with diesel engines. The truck is also much quieter, with a reduction in noise levels of around 50% for improved deliveries in urban areas.
Furthermore, IVECO will be displaying its new range of solutions for professionals working in the logistics and construction sectors. The Stralis X-WAY further enriches the brand's product offering, and represents the ideal vehicle for road and construction applications. With the best payload in its segment, it combines the very latest IVECO fuel economy and safety technologies with the most robust chassis the brand offers. With 3 displacements (9, 11 and 13 litres), the Stralis X-WAY provides the perfect solution for all operations, delivering excellent performance in terms of fuel economy and engine efficiency. Available in a natural gas version, this vehicle is set to revolutionise the sector, proposing an environmentally-friendly alternative for this type of application.
The Stralis X-WAY is mission-oriented, and its modular approach offers maximum flexibility, enabling it to adapt to all types of requirements. It is available in several versions: as a transporter or tractor-trailer, with different axles, suspensions, vehicle configurations, engines and transmissions, with a Hi-Traction hydrostatic drive, a wide range of engines and power take-offs (PTO) on the gearbox, and type-approval for both on-road and off-road use.
Produced at the IVECO factory in Madrid, which recently won gold at the World Class Manufacturing competition, it is the perfect vehicle for construction industry applications.
IVECO Z TRUCK: THE FUTURE OF TRANSPORT ARRIVES IN FRANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME
Introduced at the IAA Hanover 2016 trade show, IVECO presents its IVECO Z TRUCK concept truck for the first time in France. This zero-impact vehicle anticipates the transition to clean energy and autonomous driving in long-distance haulage, for a fully sustainable transport system.
Innovative and unique, the IVECO Z TRUCK marks a bold leap into the future for the brand, anticipating the use of alternative energies, new technologies and automated driving, all of which will lead to significant changes to life on board. This revolutionary concept truck is the subject of 29 patents.
The IVECO Z TRUCK is equipped with a new-generation LNG engine powered by biomethane, which is derived from refined biogas. This type of fuel plays a key role in CNH Industrial's quest for zero-emissions sustainable transport solutions, guaranteeing very low emissions of CO2 and particulate matter. Powered by LNG, the Z-TRUCK boasts 460 hp and 2,000 Nm of torque, and is equipped with a 16-speed automated gearbox with Powershift on the higher gears.
IVECO Z TRUCK offers:
- Zero CO2 emissions thanks to optimised LNG technology and the use of biomethane. The concept for the Z-TRUCK is a heavy-duty vehicle powered by bioLNG, featuring type-approved tanks, optimised aerodynamics and a waste heat recovery system, with the capacity to transport goods over very long distances - it has a range of 2,200 km, coupled with negligible CO2 emissions.
- Zero accidents thanks to the use of advanced automated driving technologies that will change the traditional role of the driver to that of on-board logistics operator.
- Zero stress and Zero waste of time with the Driver-Centred Design: the cab has been freed from the traditional constraints, enabling it to be reconfigured according to the
- various activities of the day (driving, automated driving, office working, resting); the HMI (Human Machine Interface) is designed to adapt the way it provides information to the task: the right information, at the right time, in the right place.
Turin, 16 November 2017
Sara BuosiIveco Press OfficeItalysara.email@example.com+39 011 00 72965+39 335 799 5028
MORE FROM IVECO
Cadent sees IVECO Daily vans as the future of its emergency fleet
IVECO presents the new Stralis X-WAY and its sustainable vehicle ranges for the construction industry at Paris Intermat 2018 answering President Macron’s call for massive conversion of heavy truck fleets to gas
Northern Gas Networks boosts green credentials with additional IVECO Daily Natural Power LCVs