“The New Holland brand strives to provide practical innovations to help our customers operate at the highest levels of productivity and efficiency, and these four AE50 award-winning products truly embody that concept,” said Carlo Lambro, Brand President New Holland Agriculture. “I am proud of the New Holland Agriculture team around the world for their ability to continue to deliver products and technologies that are honored with the AE50 distinction from ASABE, and we look forward to continue to perform at this level in the future.”
- The Dynamic Command™ is a 24 x 24 Semi-Powershift transmission using dual clutch technology. Available on the T6 series 4-cylinder tractors it provides an industryexclusive transmission for tractors in the 95 to 120 PTO horsepower segment. Designed to ensure an efficient power flow through the transmission and in combination with the adaptive engine curves it ensures that the operator is working as productively and efficiently as possible in all applications. The result is that customers can expect to work more area while using less fuel, a claim supported by the excellent DLG Powermix value of 258 g/kWh achieved by the T6.175. The transmission itself is a 3 range, 8-step Semi-Powershift. The 4 odd numbered gears and one clutch are located on one shaft, the 4 even gears and one clutch on a second shaft. Power is then simply modulated between these two clutches, as an odd gear is disengaged with one clutch the second clutch is engaging the even gear ratio. Dedicated clutches for Forward and Reverse ensures a controlled power shuttle, even on steep gradients, and the shifting between A, B and C ranges is all robotized. The speed overlap between the ranges has been designed to allow operators to select the most suitable for their application and remain within that range until the task in completed, with no disruption in power to the ground. The combination of all of these features allows the operator to work comfortably with the minimum amount of input and provide best in class performance and productivity.
- CustomSteer™, a new variable ratio steering feature that reduces the numbers of turns of the steering wheel required by the operator. CustomSteer makes maneuvering the tractor while loading easier and less repetitive, just one rotation of the steering wheel can turn the steering fully from left to right while still maintaining precise control. The CustomSteer feature is available as an option on T6 and T7 Series tractors.
- IntelliTurn™ end-of-row turning automation raises the bar for in-field efficiency by executing end-of-row turns on behalf of the operator in even the most challenging field shapes. Since its introduction, IntelliTurn has been recognized for its industry-leading adaptability, working in all field types at varying speeds to improve productivity and reduce operator fatigue. IntelliTurn is a technology born from the NHDrive concept autonomous tractor, and has been proven to be a highly valuable feature for customers today. It is currently available on T6, T7, T8, and T9 tractors, with plans to roll out to additional products in the future.
- Optispread Plus™ residue management system for New Holland CR combines provides an improved residue spreading solution to combine operators, delivering excellent chopping performance and even spreading of the residue over the width of current and future combine headers. The patented system provides four main benefits to New Holland customers. First, it finely chops residue, allowing it to decompose and fertilize fields more quickly than previous and competitive systems. Second, it provides an even distribution of residue, reducing potential yield loss. Third, it spreads the residue across the entire width of the combine head. And finally, all these features are made possible via in-cab adjustments, allowing the operator to easily select spreading width, spreading pattern, and wind compensation without having to leave his seat.
- The Guardian SP310F high clearance self-propelled front boom sprayer is the first model that was engineered and built as a result of New Holland’s acquisition of the Miller-St. Nazianz company. Boasting an industry-leading crop clearance of up to 198 cm, the Guardian SP310F was designed to give operators the flexibility to spray effectively in all crops and during all stages of crop growth – from short beans to late-season corn. To further enhance productivity, the suspension can be adjusted in the cab from 183 to 198 cm, depending on the needs of the operator. It also features a completely redesigned suspension, an FPT engine, a newly designed cab, and even weight distribution to reduce soil compaction and maintain traction.
Each of the five New Holland winners will be featured in the January/February 2018 special issue of ASABE’s magazine Resource: Engineering & Technology for a Sustainable World, a magazine geared to agricultural, biological and food system engineers worldwide, produced by ASABE. Read more at www.asabe.org/Resource.
ASABE is an international scientific and educational organization dedicated to the advancement of engineering applicable to agricultural, food, and biological systems. Further information on the Society can be obtained by visiting www.asabe.org/.
MORE FROM NEW HOLLAND AGRICULTURE
Sara SebastianelliNew Holland Agriculture Communications UK & ROIUnited Kingdomsara.email@example.com+44 (0)1268 295 268+44 (0) 7734 959 046