Redesigned Axial-Flow® 140 Series Combines and Steiger® Tractor Updates Highlight Case IH 2016 Cash Crop Lineup
“The redesigned Axial-Flow 140 series continues a tradition of delivering superior harvesting and threshing performance,” said Nate Weinkauf, manager, Cash Crop Marketing, Case IH North America. “We’ve added several productivity-enhancing features requested by producers to put more higher-quality grain in the tank.”
- Improved transmission: New two-speed electronic shift transmission increases efficiency and allows producers to harvest more acres per day. Operators can simply select a gear or speed range by the button for a smoother, more productive ride. When changing gears, the electronic shift provides quick and seamless control, higher speed ranges and greater traction.
- Lightweight concave design: A new concave design lightens the workload. At just 38 pounds — less than half the weight of previous models — six lightweight concaves make it easier to tailor the combine to different crop and field types. Plus, the concaves are even more accessible thanks to a repositioned tailings elevator.
- Enhanced CrossFlow™ cleaning system: Built to handle greater capacity at higher speeds, the improved CrossFlow cleaning system automatically detects when the combine is maneuvering on uneven terrain. Side-hill compensation reduces grain loss and boosts productivity by up to 20 percent. The system also features a six-auger bed system designed to increase cleaning capacity by up to 5,000 bushels per hour.
- Higher capacity grain handling: A larger clean grain elevator and improved delivery auger complement the higher-capacity cleaning enhancements. For better grain unloading efficiency, a new pivoting spout allows adjustments from inside the cab. The remote camera kit makes monitoring and controlling the unloading process even easier.
- Better residue management: The completely redesigned residue management system includes a chevron blade-mounting pattern for more consistent distribution and better quality. A new single point “quick latch” system with service lock-out also allows more convenient maintenance.
- Intuitive user interface: A user-friendly interface provides greater productivity in real time and on the fly without getting out of the cab.
“Producer input drove every design change,” said Mitch Kaiser, Steiger tractor marketing manager. “Our engineers spent time with producers, collecting their feedback to fine-tune these tractors to make our customers even more comfortable and productive.”
- Efficient transmission: 20 percent faster shifting transmission speeds increase overall tractor efficiency and productivity, boosting horsepower savings by 2 percent to 5 percent. Shuttle shifting now takes 38 percent less time and provides increased productivity while maintaining a smooth change of direction.
- LED lighting: Factory-installed LED lighting packages provide daytime visibility during nighttime operations. Brighter, whiter lights reduce operator fatigue.
- More control with less input: An advanced steering system and automatic differential lock provide greater control with less input — in the field and on the road.
- Automatic line acquisition: Optional advanced line acquisition adds to the Steiger series guidance system for precise end-of-row turns with less overlap.
- Split-image wide electric mirrors: Building on the reputation of Steiger tractors for industry-leading visibility, new split-image wide electric mirrors improve rear visibility.
- Industry-leading coverage: Tapping into CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) and GSM (Global System for Mobile) networks, a new modem provides superior coverage with access to 180 carriers — automatically selecting the best signal available, seamlessly without operator intervention.
- Two-way file transfer: Data transfer is easier thanks to the system’s new two-way file transfer. Yield maps, prescriptions or guidance lines seamlessly move from the machine to the portal and from the portal back to the machine.
- Additional enhancements: Expanded support of ISOBUS implements through the Advanced Farming Systems ISO Task Controller. Plus, a new Multiswath capability works in tandem with AccuGuide for improved guidance line patterns — especially when maneuvering around field obstacles such as standing water.
MORE FROM CASE IH
Sy StevensCase IH Brand Marketing Communications ManagerUnited StatesSy.firstname.lastname@example.org 636 0850