State-of-the-Art Technology in the Construction Industry: Survey Results Available Now
With constantly changing operating and labor costs, rising equipment and materials costs, shrinking budgets and more, the challenges of the construction industry continue to evolve. The purpose of this project was to learn more about the adoption and usage trends for state-of-the-art management tools that are being introduced into the market that streamline project management, help to compete for projects, and help today’s construction business owners stay within budget and improve margins.
The results of the survey provided several key insights across five categories: Equipment Fleets and the Use of Telematics, Organizational Use of Emerging Technology, Site/Project Management, Organizational Technology Oversight and Demographics.
- Sixty-one percent of respondents indicate that their equipment fleets have telematics capabilities.
- About one-third of respondents say they collect telematics data, and an additional 32 percent report having their dealers monitor data for them.
- 8 percent of responders indicated that they use virtual reality for planning equipment applications and operations, project modeling, progress and monitoring of the jobsite, inspection and maintenance and safety training.
- Nearly 63 percent of respondents say they use mobile apps as a management tool.
- Nearly 22 percent of responders say they use UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) for site inspections, surveying and mapping, and site security.
- Over 45 percent of the responders said that their company has implemented technology to facilitate data communications in site/project management.
Jodi MaroseMarketing and Communications Manager Case Construction Equipment North AmericaUnited Statesjodi.firstname.lastname@example.org+1 262-636-0408
MORE FROM CASE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT
CASE Partners with Country Music Singer Jon Pardi; Announces Exclusive Heartache Medication Tour Presale Opportunity.
CASE Dealer Border Equipment Provides Two CTLs to Help Team Rubicon with Patriot South National Training Exercise
CASE Launches New Purpose-Built Landfill Configuration for 2050M Dozer